I’ve been composing, arranging, and producing music for a long time. My main influences are fantasy video game music composers like Nobuo Uematsu, and orchestral film composers like John Williams to name two major ones (though listing all of my influences would be impractical). Sometimes I get involved in arranging/performing VGM (video game music) arrangements, but my main drive is to create original work. I also take an interest in music production technology and hardware, like synthesizers, mics and preamps, and kit building. Much of the hardware I use I built from kits.
Where to Listen
- She’s Out of My Life – Originally sung by Michael Jackson
- Blue Star Prayer – My one track on OverClocked Remix; from LUNAR: Eternal Blue
- Final Fantasy Prelude on Yamaha TX816
- Epitaph – From Final Fantasy VI
- The Lunarians (NES / FamiTracker) – From Final Fantasy IV
Contributions to Others’ Work
- Life’s Unfair by Coco Canary – I wrote and produced the string parts for this song.
- Tell My Mother by Matthew Hope – I mixed and mastered this song.
- Tell My Mother – Music Video – I recorded and mixed the audio for this video.
- Til You Let Me Go by Matthew Hope – I mastered this recording of the song.
- Bash The Dragon by Skar Productions – I contributed vocals to the background choir.
Other Original Work
- A Heart On Fire (Original Version)
- An orchestral version of this appears on the album Fantasy and Meditation.
- Amazing Adventure Land 1st Level – NES chip music
- The Church Basement ~ Secret Passage To Dracula’s Castle – Like Castlevania
- It’s The Weekend – Synth Experiment
- 50-Second Nightmare – Modular Synth Blorps
- Don’t Be Fooled by the Least Significant Bit – Synth Noise
I’ve been privileged to collaborate with various musicians within the VGM community on the following albums and arrangements.
[Update 11/03/2021: For reasons totally beyond my control, the following four albums will soon be completely removed from public distribution. Therefore, the links below will stop working, and it will not be possible to listen to them anymore. I will leave the links up for historical completeness. There is a chance that some of these tracks may be re-released independently, or under a different label, in which case I will update the links as soon as that happens. This is being caused by a very strange situation and describing it any further would go beyond the scope of this page. Sorry for the inconvenience.]
- OMEGA: A Tribute to Xenogears
- EPOCH: A Tribute to Chrono Trigger
- EXILE: A Tribute to Supergiant Games
- SPIRA: Music from Final Fantasy X – Besaid Mix
- Sakura Hymn – Mix Engineer
Other Misc. Work
May or may not be music-related, but definitely game- or audio-related.
- Audio devices that I’ve built
- My artist page on VGMdb – The Video Game Music DataBase
- My voiceover in the trailer for “Ikenie” by Akumu Games